Volunteers of all kinds are needed for Mardi Gras! Listed below are specific needs. Please contact Trina Dietz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320.650.1644.
- Decoration Committee
The Decoration Committee researches and creates appropriate décor for Mardi Gras 2014 under the direction of We’ll Get It Done! LLC. Decoration Committee volunteers are not only responsible for concept development and construction execution, but also for playing a lead role in set-up of the decorations on the day of the event.
- Donation Committee
The Donation Committee is responsible for solicitation of both sponsorships and silent auction items. The Committee will be divided into two sub-committees, sponsorships and silent auction, and will be led by co-chairs. A volunteer will chair the sponsorship sub-committee and Catholic Charities Communication Specialist will lead the silent auction sub-committee.
Sponsorship Sub-Committee responsibilities:
1) Solicitation of a list of previous Mardi Gras sponsors, generated by the Catholic Charities Organizational Advancement (OA) department, to request a continuing commitment through either a donation match or upgrade from last year’s event. An upgrade could be either a monetary upgrade to a new sponsorship level, or moving from only donating to the silent auction into pledging a sponsorship this year.
2) Formulate a list of new potential Mardi Gras sponsors and take action steps to solicit the new individuals and businesses. List must first be reviewed and approved by Catholic Charities Director of Organizational Advancement.
Silent Auction Sub-Committee responsibilities:
1) Solicit a list of non-VIP silent auction donors, generated by the OA department. The focus of this solicitation is to secure a continuing commitment from previous silent auction donors. Solicitation includes verbal solicitation, item pick-up, a written thank you note upon pick up and procurement of items by January 1.
2) Formulate a list of new potential Mardi Gras Silent Auction donors and take action steps to solicit the new individuals and businesses.
- Promotions Committee
The Promotions Committee is responsible for marketing and promotions efforts pertaining to this year’s event. This could include presenting to groups around the community, passing out flyers, personalizing invitations, making phone calls to those who have not yet registered, placing follow-up calls with sponsors that have not yet responded in January and distributing tickets to those who did not receive them in the mail. This committee works to establish enthusiasm and excitement about the Mardi Gras event.
The OA department is responsible for approval and creation of promotional materials requested by the Committee.
- On-Site Logistics Committee
Logistics Committee volunteers learn every aspect of the event and are able to troubleshoot problems as they arise. Volunteers in this position will be stationed in various areas to answer questions. This committee also helps streamline and plan the set-up and take-down of the event (perhaps one logistics volunteer for each).